Christmas Wreath - MTTCC Challenge #93 Wreaths

 Today I am excited to share my latest creation for MTTCC Challenge Blog. This time the theme is wreaths. At first I was at a loss of what to do for this challenge as I only have one wreath image, and I wasn't "feeling it" for this challenge.  Thankfully I was doing some searching online and discovered Power Poppy had several lovely images with wreaths. I ended up finding the perfect image and then the inspiration hit. 


I decided to create my card to look like a door.  I didn't use any special dies or anything, I just simply cut my wood patterned paper to fit nicely inside my mattes and layers of a 5 x 7 card ( I cut the patterned paper @ 4.5 x 6.5.) I then layered smaller rectangles (I cut them to 1.5 x 2.5 and 1.25 x 2.25) using foam tape and glued them within the large patterned piece. This created the door, then I used a sentiment and ribbon to wrap around the bottom portion of the door along with my image on the top of the door.  I mounted the door onto a 4.75 x 6.75 piece of Red Foiled paper and then top my 5 x 7 card blank.  

This was a pretty simple card to assemble and after the coloring, it didn't take long at all to put together. For the coloring,  I colored the wreath image with my new Castle Arts soft core pencils. 

Thank you for reading, and I hope I inspired you and even more so, I hope you will play along with us on this challenge. 






Comments

Popular Posts