Clean and Simple Llama - Di's Digital Challenge - Clean and Simple

 Today I am thrilled to share with my latest Design Team make for Di's Digital Challenge Blog. This week the theme is "Clean and Simple." This was a nice challenge for me, it helped me focus on the "less is more" philosophy of crafting.  Sometimes I get myself convinced that every card needs to be a showstopper, and forget that my homemade cards can still be beautiful and enjoyed even when they are more simple.  

With that theme in mind, to make the card simple to make, I chose to use this sweet Llama which is one of Di's pre-colored images from her Etsy Shop. I am coming up on the start of the school year, and I know I will not have the time I want in the craft room for awhile so using a pre-colored image was a blessing and her coloring is way better than anything I can do anyway.  

Next I found some papers in my stash that paired well with the colors in the image. I decided to use the solid purple image and a flowery embossing fold to give the plain paper some texture, and then found the mint wood pattern. To separate the two papers, I used a .5 inch white ribbon as a border. I then found a sweet pre-cut sentiment to add to the bottom right corner embellished with one single pearl.  

Like I said before, this card helped remind me that simple is beautiful in its own rights, and it is ok to dial back the detail.  I absolutely loved making this card for Di's Challenge, and I hope that you will join us and make something simple and beautiful as well.  If you decide to join us, please let me know in the comments. 

Thanks for reading! 





Comments

Popular Posts