Elaborate Scalloped Teapot Card - Di's Digital Challenge

  Today I am featuring my another entry as a Design Team member for Di's Digi Challenge. This week's challenge is to add elaborate embellishments. I spent some time searching some of old Stamping Pinterest Boards for inspiration, and finally found the perfect layout to tweak and make my own.   I chose to use Di's Teapot House Mouse image which is in her Etsy Shop. I chose to order the pre-colored image again to save time on coloring, plus the color scheme of the colored image went perfect with the idea I had in my head for this card. 

 

For the elaborate embellishment portion of the card I chose to make a BIG BOW with a Resin Pearl heart. I had this "HIP HIP HORRAY" Ribbon I received with some birthday Flowers a few years back that matched the color scheme perfectly.  I am not a Bow tying kind of person, so I it took a little trial and error  to get my bow the way I liked it, and I ended up hot gluing the thing together.  
I also added several different layers to to the card, and added a little orange banner for some more interest.  All my layers were glued to the card, but I mounted the Digi to some foam to raise it and add a little definition to the card elements beside  the bow.  

Thanks for checking out my card and blog. Come join us over @ Di's Digital Challenge. 


Other Challenges that I am entering my card into:


Comments

Popular Posts