Buddy Bear Workbench Card - Furry Friends - Di's Digital Challenge

Today, I'm excited to share another delightful card creation, perfect for both Di's Digital Challenge Blog and Father's Day. This week's theme on the blog is "Furry Friends," and I opted to feature Di's Decorating Buddy image from her shop. With the vision of a dad's denim overalls in mind, I colored the image using Ohuhu Markers, achieving just the right look.

Afterward, I drew inspiration from various bloggers to craft a unique workbench box card. What makes this card truly special is its ability to fold completely flat, making it ideal for mailing. Rummaging through my scrap stash, I found papers that resembled the appearance of metal cabinets typically found in a garage, which I used for the bottom half of the card.

To create the illusion of a "pegboard," I employed an embossing folder and applied dark brown ink on craft paper, cleverly simulating the look of holes in the background. For added flair, I utilized the Made to Surprise "Hobbies Galore" stamp set to adorn the card with tools. Employing Distress Inks and Water, I painted these tools to achieve a rustic, time-worn aesthetic.

I'm eagerly anticipating presenting this card to my dad—I'm sure he'll thoroughly enjoy it. It's these personal touches that make handmade cards truly memorable.

I encourage you to join in on Di's challenge and embark on your own creative journey today. Who knows? You might just create something beautiful that brings joy to someone special.

Thanks for Reading! Go make something Beautiful Today! 



Comments

Popular Posts