Silent Night 5 x 7 Christmas Card - MTTCC Challenge #89 - Music

Being a church piano player since I was five, music has always played a significant role in my life, and I love incorporating it into my crafting. This week, the MTTCC Challenge is all about Music, which was a perfect theme for me. I was excited to dive in and start working on my card. It didn't take long for me to decide that I wanted to use a copy of "Silent Night" and transform it into a distressed vintage hymnal page.

I found a printable version of the hymn on Hymnary and printed it at 4 x 6 inches on off-white paper. Using my Minc, I foiled the notes with red toner-reactive foil. After foiling, I began distressing the page. I used Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo Distress Oxides to age the edges of the paper. Then, I splattered water to react with the distress ink, further aging the paper. As a final touch for the aging process, I used my paper distresser to fray the edges of the sheet. Once the page dried, I embossed the sentiment onto it using Walnut embossing powder and splattered the page with White distress stain. While that set, I worked on the rest of my card base.

I found a nice Christmas Greenery patterned paper, distressed its edges to match the music, and glued it onto a 5 x 7 card base. Then, I used my Cricut to cut out some evergreen branches and a 3D bow to create a 3D Christmas Greenery effect. I also mounted on foam an old image from Tiddly Inks that I had colored with Ohuhu Markers. Once everything was dry, I layered everything together to create a delightful card.

I hope you feel inspired to make a beautiful music-themed card today, and please join us in this week's challenge. If you do, leave a comment below—I look forward to seeing your projects!

Thanks for reading, and go make something beautiful!




Comments

Popular Posts