Double Slider Snowman Card - MTTCC Challenge #83 Snowman

 Today I am super excited to share my Design Team make for MTTCC Challenge #83.  This time I decided to make a slider card using my new Adventures in Ink Snowmen stamps from Creative Stamping issue #128.  



When you pull the tab at the bottom of the card, both snowmen glide across the card in their opposite directions.  I was inspire to make this from a coupe different tutorials I stumbled across looking how to use a sliding mechanism die.   The first inspiration was from Ellen Hunt. She has a mechanism die that will do the double slider.   The other inspiration I gathered was from Sam Calcott who used the larger version of these images in a magnetic slider card.  Using the inspiration from both videos, I created an SVG to do exactly what I wanted.   (I will eventually release this on my ETSY shop, but I want to work the kinks out first.) 

I colored the sweet snowmen images with Prismacolors and then fussy cut them.  I also embossed panels to cover up with slider slots.  I then mounted the slider card on a double sided patterned paper and left a panel on the back to write my message.  

Overall I am very pleased with how this card turned out and hope it will inspire you to join the challenge and to go and make something beautiful today!  

Thanks for Reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts