Bee-U-Tiful Shaker Fun for Ally’s Angels

Hello crafty friends!

It’s time for another Anything Goes challenge over at the Ally’s Angels Challenge Blog, and this time I had so much fun creating a card that is absolutely buzzing with dimension and movement!

For my Design Team inspiration, I decided to create a Bee-U-Tiful themed Double Shutter Shaker Card. I knew I wanted to use a Double Shutter card base for this project, but rather than working from an existing template, I headed into Cricut Design Space and designed my own cut file.

The outside of the card features a honeycomb pattern in shades of yellow, gray, black, white, and gold. I love how the hexagon shapes carry the bee theme throughout the entire design. I added two large hexagon shaker elements to the front, each filled with a mixture of shaker bits along with a delicate die-cut bee. There are lots of fun little pieces inside, so there is plenty of movement when the card is shaken!

But the real surprise comes when you open it up!

The Double Shutter design opens to reveal several layered panels and a center section featuring even more hexagons. I used a variety of coordinating patterned papers throughout the card, mixing stripes, polka dots, and solids while keeping everything within the yellow, gray, black, and white color palette.

In the center, I added the fun sentiment “Sweet as Can Bee,” along with a coordinating honeycomb design. The two shaker hexagons move outward with the shutter panels when the card is opened, creating such a fun display. I especially love that the bees become part of the dimensional structure of the card rather than simply being embellishments added to the front.

This was such a fun card to design from start to finish, and since I created the Double Shutter base myself, I’m sharing my Cricut Design Space project for anyone who would like to give this card style a try:

Bee-U-Tiful Double Shutter Card – Cricut Design Space Project

One of my favorite things about the Anything Goes challenges at Ally’s Angels is having the freedom to experiment with different folds, techniques, and ideas. This one gave me the perfect excuse to combine several things I love—an interactive card fold, shaker elements, lots of patterned paper, and plenty of dimension!

I hope my little Bee-U-Tiful Double Shutter Shaker Card gives you some inspiration for your own project. Be sure to stop by the Ally’s Angels Challenge Blog and join us for this month’s Anything Goes challenge. We always love seeing what everyone creates!

Happy crafting! 🐝💛

Comments

Popular Posts