Building on Grace – A Building Block Tower Card

Hello crafty friends!

Today I'm excited to share another dimensional card I created as inspiration for the Ally's Angels Challenge Blog. As always, our theme is Anything Goes, making it the perfect opportunity to create whatever inspires you!

For this project, I once again reached for the fun Building Block Tower Card design inspired by Sam Calcott. I enjoyed making this style so much the first time that I couldn't resist creating another one with a completely different look and feel.

Instead of a birthday theme, I chose to make this card with an encouraging Christian message centered around Ephesians 2:8. The beautiful cross surrounded by vibrant florals creates a meaningful focal point, while the scripture reminds us that "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith." The coordinating sentiment on the opposite panel completes the verse: "And this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."

To give the card a soft, elegant feel, I paired delicate teal floral patterned papers with warm peach accents. The pastel color palette provides a gentle backdrop for the bright florals around the cross, while the glittered building blocks add just the right amount of sparkle without overpowering the design. A layered lacy circle and a few tiny dimensional flowers help frame the focal image and add extra texture.

One of my favorite things about this fold is how much visual interest it creates. The stacked tower blocks give the card wonderful depth from every angle, and each panel offers another opportunity to add decorative details. It's a fold that's sure to impress when displayed, yet it folds flat for mailing.

I hope this project inspires you to join us over at the Ally's Angels Challenge Blog. Remember, our challenge is Anything Goes, so we'd love to see whatever you've been creating!

Happy crafting!

Comments