Sweet Christmas Liquid Shaker Card - DI'S Digi Challenge Winter Holidays

 Today starts another challenge over at Di's Digi Challenge Blog! Here is my Design Team entry for the theme of Winter Holidays.  I chose to use  Di's Christmas Cupcake Mice image. I have a fascination with cupcakes, and find them very fun and inspiring to color, so I couldn't wait to dive into this one.  I decided to try my hand at a liquid shaker card for this challenge. With lots of research I was able to make it happen.  


To make the sprinkle gel in the inside, I took one of my cellophane bags and squirted about a tbsp of hair gel along with a couple spritz's of water. Then I added my red and iridescent fine glitter. Then I added just a few pieces of crown glitter and peppermint sprinkles. When everything was added, I pushed the gel down to the bottom of the bag and mixed everything around.  Once it was well mixed, I flattened the bag out and spread the glitter gel as thinly as I could. I sealed up the bag when I was satisfied with the look of it and taped it to a white piece of cardstock making sure the sides of the bag overlapped a bit so I could  fold over the bag and tape it to the back.  Then I used my Cricut to make a frame and glued everything together and onto a 6 x 6 card base. Overall I think it turned out pretty cute, and I love the peppermint cupcake theme. 


I colored the image using my Prismacolor pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits for blending. I also made a process YouTube Short so you could see the image from start to finish. 

Thanks for checking out my card and blog. Come join us over @ Di's Digital Challenge. 


Other Challenges that I am entering my card into:


Comments

Popular Posts